4th Annual Genocide Awareness Week at Scottsdale Community College
Lectures, exhibits and events by distinguished survivors, scholars,
politicians, activists, artists, humanitarians and law enforcement
along with a film premiere.
Many members of the Phoenix Holocaust Survivors' Association have presented during the Genocide Awareness Week. Below is a list of members and other speakers that will be presenting about their stories and on topics specifically related to the Holocaust:
- Monday, April 11th at 9:00 AM - "Morals Learned From Surviving the Holocaust"
Mr. Oskar Knoblauch (Noble), Holocaust Survivor, Author, Speaker, OK Books LLC
- Monday, April 11th at 1:30 PM - "Holocaust Through A Child's Eyes"
Marion Weinzweig, Child Holocaust Survivor
- Monday, April 11th at 6:30 PM (OPENING SESSION) - "From Chanowitz to Auschwitz"
Isaac Feiges, Holocaust Survivor
- Tuesday, April 12th at 6:30 PM - "My Journey 1939-1949 & Lessons for Future Generations"
Dr. Alexander White, Medical Doctor and Schindler's List Survivor
- Wednesday, April 13th at 10:30 AM - "Hiding in Plain Sight: The Pursuit of War Criminals"
Dr. Alex Alvarez, Professor of Criminology & Criminal Justice, Northern Arizona University
Cheryl Drazin, Jean & Jerry Moore Southwest Civil Rights Counsel, ADL
Dr. Victor Peskin, Associate Professor, Arizona State University
Michael Patterson, Lawyer, Polsinell
- Thursday, April 14th at 10:30 AM - "FDR's Administration and the Holocaust"
Dr. Daniel Kadden, Executive Director, Interfaith Works
- Thursday, April 14th at 1:30PM - "Concentration Camp Syndrome"
Dr. Peter Van der Walde, Pyschiatrist
- Thursday, April 14th at 6:30PM - "Living With Our Fathers Stories: A Conversation Between the Son of a Nazi Youth & the Daughter of a Holocaust Survivor"
Janice Friebaum, Chairperson, Generations After
Dr. Bjorn Krondorfer, Director, Martin-Springer Institute & Professor of Comparative Religious Studies, Northern Arizona University